Some of you have read my 10 Killer Queries That Worked post. It features 10 of my absolute fave query letters for manuscripts that ended up being published. Well, since I'm always on the hunt for a new query to drool over, I figured I'd turn the post into a series.
Welcome to Part 2! :)
Okay. Let's get to it. *cracks knuckles*
Here is another batch of amazeballs queries:
- Miranda Kenneally's query for CATCHING JORDAN, originally titled SCORE (bonus points: this post features an interview with Miranda's agent, Sara Megibow).
- MarcyKate Connolly's query for MONSTROUS, which comes out in 2014 from HarperCollins.
- Megan Sheperd's query for THE MADMAN'S DAUGHTER.
- Carrie Ryan's query for THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH.
- Beth Revis's query for ACROSS THE UNIVERSE, originally titled LONG WAY HOME.
- Francesca Zappia's query for ASK AGAIN LATER, originally titled ALEXITHYMIA. The book comes out in 2014 from HarperCollins.
- Stephanie Diaz's query for EXTRACTION, which comes out in 2014 from St. Martin's Press.
- Claire Legrand's query for THE CAVENDISH HOME FOR BOYS AND GIRLS (bonus points: this post features commentary from Claire's agent, Diana Fox).
- Kate Karyus Quinn's (my blog chain buddy!!!) query for ANOTHER LITTLE PIECE, which comes out June 11th from HarperTeen.
- April Tucholke's query for BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA, originally titled THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA (bonus points: this post features commentary by April's agent, Joanna Volpe). The book comes out August 15th from Dial.
So there you have them! I hope they prove as helpful as the first batch :)
Have you read these query letters before? Which one(s) do you love most? Are there any other query letters you love that aren't on the list?