Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Synopsis Post. Or, A Collection Of Posts On Writing A Synopsis That Are My New BFFs.

So. The synopsis. 

*cracks knuckles* 

I've written synopses before, but they still intimidate me. Not as much as they used to, I'll admit. They just take me a while to get right. Aaaaaaa whiiiiileeeeeeee. I'd rather write a gazillion query letters than one synopsis. #fact

The very first time I had to write a synopsis, I scoured the interwebz for advice/moral support/pizza. I found plenty of great resources. There's even more of them now. Seeing as I'm not the only one freaking out over Death By Synopsis, I figured I'd collect my favorite posts on how to write a banging one. I hope they guide you into the mystical land of Ninja Synopsis Writerdom. Word on the street is they have chocolate cake. *packs everything*

Here's my list of faves:
 


Writing a Synopsis from the Ground Up by Dee-ann Latona Leblanc

In Short: Writing a Novel Synopsis That Rocks by H.L. Dyer on the QueryTracker blog

6 Steps For Writing A Book Synopsis by author Marissa Meyer

How To Write A 1-Page Synopsis by author Susan Dennard


Hope these help!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing these. I'm bookmarking this page for future reference ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to write a synopsis in one day last week. It took me hours. Luckily, it was for an editor I already know well and I felt no obligation to trim it down to a single page, or even two. But these are great links. Bookmarking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome article. I've been here for the first time and found that your site is well informative and well organized. Keep up the sharing.

    Resume writer @ professional resume writing service

    ReplyDelete