Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Legend Of Korra And CHEMISTRY




So. There's this new show on Nickelodeon called The Legend of Korra

I am absolutely in love with it.

You see, I never watched the first Avatar series, which is what paved the way for Korra's story. But since plenty of writers gushed about Korra and how the characters/writing/worldbuilding was flawless, I decided to give it a shot. While I'm in awe of those very things, I'm also drawn to something else: Korra and Mako's chemistry. 

I've already expressed my views on how I prefer romances in books, and believe me, Korra and Mako are moving along at my favorite pace. When these two meet during the second episode, Mako's in his zone, super focused on an upcoming task. Korra, on the other hand, is super excited about discovering a world she's been forbidden to belong to. She's all energy and he's all zen. 

And they don't exactly get along.

BUT the tension between them? Holy bananas. They never cross the line into cruel and spiteful territory, but their back and forth suggests that, eventually, these two will warm up to each other. Sure, they're total opposites, but they have a few things in common. And the more they spend time together, I think those similarities will win out over the differences. 

*crosses fingers*

So there you have it. I have found another thing to fangirl over. As if I needed any more, right?


If you watch The Legend of Korra, what do you think about Korra and Mako's chemistry so far???

5 comments:

  1. My son just had me watch the first two episodes. I love it. It's more teen than the first, but I love the balance and I keep thinking...is he Zuko's grandson? Zuko was the bad guy turned good in the first one. I loved Zuko. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of this show. I liked Avatar so Ill have to check it out. Is it for a little older audiences? The kids in Avatar were, like, 12.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Korra is a teenager, as is Mako. There are some younger characters, too. But I think it's a great show for all ages. :D

      Delete
    2. Good! I'm going to look it up tonight to try to DVR it. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Oh god, I love Mako and Korra. They make me fangirl like... well, like a teenager haha.

    ReplyDelete