Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Two Unrelated (Yet Very Important) Things On A Tuesday...



Thing #1: ACROSS THE UNIVERSE by Beth Revis is officially out in stores!!!! *brain explodes* Do you have ANY IDEA how long I've been waiting for this book? A millennium and a half. That's how long.






Thing #2: Nerds are officially cool! Why? See picture above. That's the current King Of Nerd Cool, Mr. Jesse Eisenberg. He's the star of THE SOCIAL NETWORK by the best director ever, David Fincher. And yeah, I've seen Jesse's face before. In three other movies, to be exact. Now his face is everywhere. I saw THE SOCIAL NETWORK and l-o-v-e-d it. Jesse's performance is incredible. I hated him, loved him, hated him, and loved him again. Point is, he is geek chic, my friends. He is bringing nerdy back and in a big way. 

Why am I telling you this, you ask?

Simple. For those of you who think Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner rule the world, I have found your solution. :) 

What say you? Is geek chic the new brooding vamp/cocky werewolf?

5 comments:

  1. Geeks have always been sexy. I married a computer programmer because nothing says sexy like a man who can fix my computer problems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooding geek chic is the best!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Geek chic-- I absolutely love it. I'm all about geeks being the new vampires. It will be a fun era for contemp YA.

    And I'm really enjoying all the Across the Universe love out there. The new acrosstheuniverse.com has an interactive spaceship! *happy sigh* Beth is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta admit, I've always liked geeks. Can't help it. ;)

    ReplyDelete