Friday, November 12, 2010

Fess Up Friday: Saying Goodbye To Harry

So. Harry Potter. I love him.

Not just the character, though. His friends. His enemies. His world.

In honor of the Deathly Hallows, I'm taking next week to weep my eyes out. That's right--a full week of Harry related posts. Even though I am SO not ready to say goodbye. I felt super sad when the last book came out, but I knew there were still three movies left, so I didn't feel like I was saying goodbye back then.

But now there's no escaping it. It's time...

*bawls*

This week's question: are you sad that there'll be no more Harry after July? 




*bawls again*

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I am a little sad, but I'm also excited because we'll have the whole set on DVD and be able to watch them ad nauseum the way my parents subjected me to the Star Wars trilogy and Indiana Jones when I was a kid. It will remain part of the public consciousness for a long time to come, so that makes me kinda happy.

    It is the end of an era, though. It's cool to be able to track my personal history by where I saw each Harry Potter movie, starting when I was in college and continuing last time when I was pregnant with my second son. Harry Potter will always be one of my most beloved sagas.

    But hey, we still have Twilight movies and then the Hunger Games after that. Ooh, and don't forget that Paranormalcy is a trilogy and the first one already has a producer. ;) *gets giddy and totally off topic*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear not!!! I'm hoping the rumours - she started on Oprah, thank you very much - about writing a further Potter book will come to fruition!!!! :-)

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I am sad.

    Next week Jen, Colene, Renae and I are all doing HP themed posts as well! NExt week is going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harry was gone after I read the final book. I do hope that JK writes the prologue. I would like to know what happened to the first order of the phoenix.

    ReplyDelete