Monday, November 22, 2010

Yep. Shiny New Idea = Latest WIP

It's official. Yesterday I sat down, put on the earphones, and did the unthinkable.

Well, it's not so much 'unthinkable' as it is 'unavoidable'.

You see, I am a wuss. Big time. I am afraid of blank Word documents. But I am only afraid of them when I'm expected to write something on them. Like, actual words. That make sense. 

So yesterday I sat down, put on the earphones...

and started a new manuscript.

*le sigh*

I have been outlining this latest baby for about two months (did I mention I'm afraid of blank Word documents??). The outline STILL isn't finished, but I don't care. It was just my excuse to not start writing this sucker. But I have to stop being scared. It's time to write. 

So far, I have 1k. Only 64k more to go :D

What about you? How far along are you with those NaNo WIPs? 

Oh, and quick reminder, today's my day over @ Operation Awesome! I'm talking about why you should keep going when the going sucks. Fun times.

11 comments:

  1. Yay for starting a new project!!!!!

    It's so hard isn't it? (Especially when Internal Editor rips apart every word you type--at least, that's what happens to me, LOL!)

    You can do it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Starting new projects are both fun AND intimidating. I'm reaching the end of my NaNo project and I'll take a few weeks off before delving into revisions. I'm actually looking forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! Well done you!!! I wish you all the best and I hope you have a great time exploring this new project!!! Yay!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to hear more about this WIP! May all that outlining come in handy in the execution!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I know what you mean, I'm the same way lol It's just so daunting to actually start writing your idea. :) I can easily plot, but when I finally have to start working on it I'd jump back like each word is going to come back and bite me!

    Here's to taking the leap! Hehe Looking forward to hearing more about your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEAH how exciting is the thrill of starting a NEW story, playing with new friends visiting a new world. Super fun.

    Good luck and fear not the blank word doc... you can do it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Starting is the hard part

    ReplyDelete
  8. Starting a project is fun!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so great that you got started! I tend to plot and plot and plot before beginning. Finally, my crit partner said, just start writing the thing! And I did. And I'm glad she pushed me.

    As for my nano project, I'm 41k into it. So far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the love!! Super scared about this WIP, but your good vibes will definitely push me forward.

    Hope you all finish your NaNos/WIPS soon!

    ReplyDelete