Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday Book Madness: FOREVER by Judy Blume

It's been a while since I've talked about books. The people who write them seem to get all the attention (and with good freakin' reason). But I'm changing that today. 

Why?

Because Monday Book Madness is back!

And the featured book is:





Le blurb:

Katherine and Michael meet at a New Year's Eve party. They're attracted to each other, they grow to love each other. And once they've decided their love is forever, they make love. It's the beginning of an intense and exclusive relationship, with a future all planned. Until Katherine's parents insist that she and Michael put their love to the test with a summer apart...


I am so glad I read this book. Definitely one that needed to be read while I was still in high school. *face palm*

That blurb doesn't do this book justice, though. Yes, those things happen, but seriously? It's a story about The Difference.

What's The Difference, you ask?

Well, The Difference between thinking about what you want your life to be, and living it. Sometimes those two things gel well together. Sometimes, that's not the case. 

But it all happens for a reason.

And that's why I loved this book. Doesn't matter if you're a teen or not, life surprises you. And there's nothing wrong with that as long as you learn.

Even if you can't stomach explicit sex scenes or touchy subjects (like depression), you should give this one a try. Plus, it's freakin' Judy Blume. If anyone deserves a chance, it's her. 

Now tell me: what did you read this weekend??

5 comments:

  1. I read my text book this weekend. *sigh* I can't wait to be done with this class. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not read FOREVER. I think I may have to rectify that.

    I didn't get to read much this weekend, but does finishing CP pages count? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh!!! Thanks for the info of this book!! Sounds like my kind of read!!

    I'm reading Tali Rolland ARC book (my first ARC book!!!! WOW!!!). Unfortunately it's been sent to me as a pdf file and this is why I can't do kindle!! I'm struggling reading the screen. It's such fast paced book - I mean we are talking super duper paced book! that I should have finished by now yet I'm struggling with the medium it's been sent! LOL!! Sorry, I am going waaaaaaaaaaay off topic!!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I read this at some point years ago (this is an older one, right?), but I can't remember it. Perhaps I'll read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um. Never been here before, but I would like to read that book. Have you ever heard of extraordinary? It's really good...

    ReplyDelete