Monday, January 13, 2014

In Which I Vow To Read More Books

So. Last year, I set a reading goal of 30 books.

I read 25.

Not only did I not meet my goal, I also didn't want to set that particular goal in the first place. I like to read more than 50 books a year. Unfortunately, I couldn't juggle my reading schedule with WIP revisions and thesis writing and work, so I settled for 30. I didn't even read that amount.

This year, things are going to be different.




Yes, I did set a specific amount of books to read: 35.

No, I won't limit myself to 35 if I find it possible to surpass it. Other authors fuel me to get better. Their stories dazzle me with their genius. I need that kind of magic in my life. I crave that kind of magic in my life.

So here's to 2014 and goals and books and magic. 

Oh, and Nutella. Can't forget about the Nutella. 

 

6 comments:

  1. You go, girl! I read a measly amount in 2013 as well. I'm actually drawing up a list for this year, and juggling my first three reads: The Twistrose Key for MG, Sorrow's Knot for YA, and The Thirteenth Tale for adult. Here's hoping I can actually reach 100 books this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read more books this year as well. I just find it so hard to balance my time of working, writing, reading, beta reading, and family. The only time I usually have to read when I'm not writing is before bed, but I conk out!

    GL! 35 sounds like a good goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read more books, too! Might be hard for the first half of the year, due to work and deadlines. But come the summer and into the fall, I want to make Free Reading a regular part of my daily schedule.

    Because I am retiring from teaching. Yes, I am. And in the fall, I will be a stay-at-home mom and writer and reader. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read more books in 2013 than I did in 2012, and I was happier for it. So I plan to continue. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amparo, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only read 25...so I think you did great. And I didn't set a goal...so you got me there too! I think further congrats go to you for revising your WIP (I sat on mine for a several months without progress) and have been needing to write my thesis for seven years. (Now I need to request special permission to be readmitted to the program to finish that baby...) Ah well. Here's to 2014 and its accomplishments!! :D Christy

    ReplyDelete