Monday, March 15, 2010

Playlist

Confession: I write to music.

I revise to music.

I live to music.

Sometimes I have a hard time finding the right songs for a WIP playlist, though. The first book I ever wrote was a challenge in itself, and I never found the 'Oh-this-is-so-perfect!' playlist for it (maybe that's why IT SUCKED...). But with Lexie's story, I've been fortunate enough to make not one, but three playlists.

Let me break it down for you:

Playlist #1: Lexie's point of view at the beginning of the book

Playlist #2: Lexie after she meets the male antagonist

Playlist #3: Male antagonist's point of view

The first song I ever added to Playlist #1 was the song that inspired Lexie's story (besides my Law school buddy, of course). Which song am I babbling about?

"Someone Wake Me up" by The Veronicas.

Here's the link to the song in case you haven't heard it (shame on you!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzW9zfjtmzM

More songs will be coming your way, so stay tuned!

And please have a rockin' day!

2 comments:

  1. HI Amparo. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the comment.
    It's way exciting to find another Latina YA writer!
    I write, edit/live through music too. Can't function without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm super lucky to have found you, Yamile! YA literature just got a spicy new outlook, if you ask me! Hahaha. Let's keep working on those WIP's like nobody's business, shall we?

    ReplyDelete