Friday, February 25, 2011

One Huge Regret






















I haven't read these books.

I haven't gotten the chance to experience L.K. Madigan's genius yet.

But I should, and I will. 

Not only was she loved by her fans, but her family and friends (including her uber-agent, Jennifer Laughran). With her (unfair) passing due to pancreatic cancer this week, I feel like crap.  So many people responded to her stories. FLASH BURNOUT won the William C. Morris Award last year, for Christ's sake.

And I haven't read her books yet.

That's going to change soon, though. 

Those babies are high on my to-read pile. Not just because Lisa was a genius with so many people who loved her.

Because I feel like I'll love her, too. 

And I never get tired of falling in love with YA authors.


Tell me: have you read FLASH BURNOUT or THE MERMAID'S MIRROR?

5 comments:

  1. It was so sad to hear about L.K. Madigan. I haven't had chance to read her books either. I'll be getting them soon though. My thoughts go out to her family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as you might now, ive still got to read them. though God knows i SO want to. both books sound utterly brilliant. seriously, every time i think LK my heart sort of gets weighed down by the unfairness of it all.

    and, um, on a totally random note, i entered this blogfest scheduled on march 4th where you're supposed to list top five tv shows you love that got the axe. and i cant, for the life of me, remember who's hosting *cringes in shame* and i dont want to miss out on it! so, er, id really appreciate it if you could give me the link to it, because i remember seeing your name among the participants. yeah, that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Flash Burnout and thought it was remarkable--well written, hilarious, poignant. All in the voice of a wannabe stand-up comedian of a sixteen year old boy. The news of Lisa Madigan's death this week was so sad, but she leaves an incredible legacy, not only in books, but in the memories of the people who loved her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay--Same here. Hope her loved ones pull through with their heads held high *sigh*

    Aleeza--LOL! The blogfest is hosted by Erinn over @ Something Else To Distract Me (http://somethingelsetodistractme.blogspot.com/). Can't wait to see your picks!

    Sarah--SO jealous you've read it :( I agree--her books and her (from what I've read) kind nature and personality are a fantastic legacy to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I share your regret. I've been meaning to read Flash Burnout for over a year, but I kept putting it on the back burner. This will change.

    ReplyDelete