Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's Here!!! Fake Boyfriend/Girlfriend BLOGFEST!!

Yesterday's blogfest was a blast! Thanks to everyone who was INCREDIBLY KIND to me!! *hugs*

Today I'm keeping up with the Valentine's festivities by proclaiming my love in the Fake Boyfriend/Girlfriend Blogfest



Original here




Le rules: Choose between an author crush and a celebrity crush, then write them a love letter on your blog. It can be from your POV, or the POV of the main character in your WIP.

Le love letter:


Dear Stephanie Perkins,






You complete me.

For reals.

When you wrote this book...





...I know you weren't specifically thinking of me. You didn't know I'd been to Paris at sixteen and felt everything Anna feels in your story. Well, sans that crush for a hot guy... *whimpers*

You didn't know I'd planned that trip to Europe for a whole year with my friends, or that the night before we were supposed to leave, the trip's coordinator pulled the plug. 9/11 had been a year and a half earlier. The war in Iraq had just started. People were scared of flying. We weren't going to Paris.

Except that I did. I left my friends behind with their scared parents and got on that plane. With my dad. Who is n-o-t-h-i-n-g like Anna's dad. He hates reading my mom's Post-It notes. Writing them would probably give him cooties. 

I didn't die on that plane. But I did die when I stood in front of Notre Dame. I died again when I read how Anna experiences it, what goes through her mind, how St. Clair shares his infinite knowledge with her (and flirts like crazy). It was like being there all over again.

Stephanie, my dear fake girlfriend, I want to thank you. For being searingly honest about change, love, and how we all find something special when we least expect it. For making Anna as confused as I was back then, and for making her as brave as I want to be. In case I haven't made myself clear, I love your book and gorgeous writing.

And your hair.


Forever your fan,

Me



*fist pump*


So. Since this is my blogfest and I made the rules, I can break them! *evil grin* 

Dearest Jensen Ackles,





I. Want. You. Too.

*sigh*

Thanks to everyone who's participating on my VERY FIRST blogfest!!! Can't wait to read your entries!!! You can check them out on the Linky below!

Happy Post Valentine's Day :D





10 comments:

  1. These letters were beyond perfect! Stephanie Perkins is a genius and Supernatural makes my life complete. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read Anna and the French Kiss yet, but with all the heaps of praise I've heard, yours is most convincing.

    Agree with you on the Supernatural crush, though I find Sam just as hot...maybe a little hotter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot. Thanks so much for hosting! This is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I freaking loved ANNA. It's such a bubbly romance, although to be honest, they had me at "boarding school in Paris."

    As for Jensen Ackles... Ditto.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *sigh* Jensen Ackles *doublesigh*

    I still haven't gotten the chance to read ANNA, but it's on the top of my list to get!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Love it when it feels like a book is written for you! I just got my blogfest entry up! Nobody can hold a candle to my celeb crush. Happy Love Week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwww!!!!! Your letter to Ms Perkins is so lovely and heartfelt!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you have to have cute hair if you want to be a YA author right now. Oh and super talented too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome letters.

    And I 100% agree to you breaking the rules for Jensen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that Stephanie and Jensen see this. Maybe the swooning is mutual?

    ReplyDelete